Engineering Team Leader
As an Engineering Team Leader, you’ll support the delivery of planned and preventative maintenance. A lead position in a critical area of an Engineering team.
We are looking for an Engineering Team Leader to support a team of shift based Multi Skilled Engineers working 4 on, 4 off, days and nights.
Our client are a leading manufacturer and household name; working for them means you will have an extensive benefits package which includes:
- Annual bonus (profit share)
- Ability to purchase up to an extra weeks annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme with company contributions
- Life assurance
As the Engineering Team Leader you will:
- Ensure plant is safe to operate and maintain and personnel conform to health and safety legislation, policies and standards
- Lead an engineering team to support the day to day operation by delivering planned and reactive maintenance to achieve engineering KPIs.
- Work within the framework of a Business led engineering reliability strategy
- Effective use of SAP PM
- Maintain equipment in line with relevant food safety legislation.
- Support the recruitment, motivation and development of an engineering team to ensure they achieve the goals and targets agreed in their role profiles and performance review meetings.
You will have:
- Knowledge and experience of electrical and mechanical maintenance preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Structured and practical engineering training (e.g. apprenticeship/HNC/degree).
- H&S knowledge e.g., PUWER, IOSH – able to ensure a safe working environment.
- Coaching and mentoring skills, takes responsibility for the training and coaching of others.
- Analysing and problem-solving skills, anticipates problems before they occur and takes steps to deal with them/correctly and swiftly identifies the underlying problem and finds appropriate solutions.
- Makes timely decisions/takes account of the wider risks and implications.
- Leadership skills, inspires others to perform/uses a range of leadership styles/deals effectively with performance issues/creates a sense of trust in the team.